Thursday, July 25, 2013

Nothing important

I've got onions slow caramelizing and pizza dough rising. Why not take the down time to blog?!

Yesterdee was a delight. We had a BBQ swim thing at my parents for Pioneer Day (our state holiday that celebrates the Mormon pioneers entering the Salt Lake Valley). But we didn't take even a single moment to think about the pioneers. We mostly just floated around the pool and ate food. I know, pretty sad. We could have sat poolside and talked about our favorite pioneer stories or something, but we didn't. Instead, we talked about being excited that my Belgian sister and her family are coming for a visit at the end of the week. And we also talked about how stupid my ex-brother in-law is. He is always great material for laughter. If we had talked about pioneer stories, I would have told THIS ONE. It is my favorite and brings me to tears every time.

After a decent swim and some grilled pork chops, we put Violet to bed in my parent's basement in the coveted race car toddler bed and then Ethan, the boys and I set out to find a good spot to watch the Mapleton City fireworks show. We found a great spot and we sat in our truck bed and oohed and ahhed. Truly, those fireworks were just as good as Stadium of Fire. Maybe even better because we had such a great spot to watch from. Note to all: go to the Mapleton Pioneer Day fireworks next year.

After the fireworks, we drove back to my mom and dad's house and I tucked the boys into the big, cushy beds in the basement. Each of them snuggled up with the blankets and fell asleep with smiles on their faces. Grandma has the best beds.

Now we are home and the laundry monster has been threatening me all day. And my potted flowers were thirsty for some plant food. And then some vacuuming needed to be done. Truly, all this domesticity makes me happy. I love making and keeping a home.

Pretty soon here, I need to tend to the pizza dough and caramelizing onions. Tonight's dinner is some caramelized onion and sausage pizza. I expect deliciousness!

1 comment:

  1. Seriously one of the best shows I have seen. Next year let me know and you can come sit with us in the park.

    ReplyDelete